From National Park explorers and hut-to-hut trekkers to red-eye jet setters, Spring is the perfect season to grab your favorite travel companion and hit the road/trail. At Royal Robbins, we are excited to announce a collaborative giveaway [NOW CLOSED] with incredible brands: Osprey Packs, LEKI, Crown Trails Headwear, Point6 Socks, Klean Kanteen, and Vasque Footwear. To learn about the company stories and products, read below to see why this gear kit is best suited for your adventure trips.
Royal Robbins and his wife Liz were iconic Sierra Nevada rock climbers during the 1960s. They belonged to a scrappy band of modern climber/philosophers who coined and embraced the term “clean climbing”: a set of practices and techniques that enabled them to climb big walls with little or no damage to the rock, a literal representation of their lived ethos of deep respect for the natural world.
In 1967, Liz became the first woman to climb Half Dome in Yosemite. Seeing their torn jean shorts, they said, “Maybe we had better get in the apparel business!” Liz stitched up a rugged short she called the “Billy Goat,” which is how the Royal Robbins apparel company was born.
50 years later, this heritage brand still makes enduring, classic, outdoor clothing for people who embody a love for the natural world. We embrace a refined aesthetic with a sophisticated, nature-inspired palette that is understated, classic and smart. It works on the trail, at the office, on a plane, at dinner. The clothing literally goes everywhere.
- MerinoLux shirts – Eco-conscious blend of fibers plus Merino Wool for soft and odor-resistant performance for the outdoors. See Women’s MerinoLux S/S & Men’s MerinoLux Plaid S/S.
- Jammer Knit Knicker – Style meets a slimming legging that is great for the trail with multi-use pockets that hold your smart phone and more.
- Alpine Road Pant – This popular Men’s pant has durability and flexibility for your adventures, plus includes eco-friendly water resistance.
Since Osprey was founded in 1974, every single product design bearing the Osprey name has passed through the hands of owner and founder Mike Pfotenhauer, undergoing relentless scrutiny. From stitching the first lines of custom-fitted packs, to meticulously designing innovative products with intuitive features, to forging personal relationships with the sewing operators who construct the packs, Mike has been the unbreakable thread that makes Osprey a company like no other.
- EXOS 38 – The smallest of the Exos Series is lightweight, which excels for overnights and weekend trips including Airspeed suspension’s breathable 3-D mesh backpanel.
- EJA 38 – This women’s series pack is great for lightweight travel with overnights and weekend trips. It includes AirSpeed suspension’s breathable 3-D backpanel for ventilation and comfort.
Crown Trails Headwear:
Crown Trails Headwear launched as a way to give back to the National Scenic Trails and National parks because of the love of the outdoors that is shared by founder, Bob Wilson and National Sales Manager, Whitey LaRuffa. Bob was instrumental in helping his town Silver City, NM become the first gateway Community along the CDT, he wanted to make hats for the trails as a way to raise funds for them.
Whitney, better known in the hiking world as “Allgood” completed a north-bound thru-hike of the Continental Divide Trail in 2016, also joined the team. Besides being an avid hiker, Allgood is the President of the American Long Distance Hiking Association-West and saw this career change as a way to combine his love of hiking and trail with his experience in the world of sales. The headwear is unique as it is not only of the highest quality, but additionally, each piece sold gives 8% of the wholesale back to either the Trail Organization managing the trail or the National Park Foundation.
- Pacific Crest Trail Skyline Flatbill – This hat has a wonderful sunset scene sublimated on the crown, and through their special agreement with the PCTA and the USF, they proudly incorporate the actual trail symbol of the PCT.
- Continental Divide Trail Empire Knit Beanie – It not only features the CDT trail symbol on the front, but also supports the Continental Divide Trail Coalition on the back. With a generous cut, this hat has plenty of coverage to keep your head and ears warm while on the trail.
Founded in 1948, LEKI is a leading manufacturer of Skiing, Trekking and Trail Running poles and gloves. Their latest additions include folding camp chairs and tables. LEKI products are German engineered with most of the products being made in the company’s Czech Republic factory. This in conjunction with extensive research and independent testing make the best products featuring quality, value and technology. LEKI USA, Inc., headquartered in Buffalo, NY, is the sole distributor of LEKI brand products in the United States.
LEKI is the first company to offer anti-shock in the folding pole category with its new Dynamic Suspension System (DSS). The DSS anti-shock mechanism is positioned at the Flextip so it’s as close to the point of impact as possible. This location helps to immediately neutralize pole-plant shock and vibration instead of letting it travel farther up the shaft and well before it reaches the grip, all while reducing the peak impact force by up to 40 percent to protect muscles, joints and ligaments.
- The Micro Vario Carbon DSS and the Micro Vario Carbon Lady DSS trekking poles feature the new DSS anti-shock engineering in an ultralight compact profile. The MVC DSS is adjustable from 110 – 130cm via SpeedLock 2, the strongest external pole locking system on the market. The women’s version features a shorter adjustable length (100 – 120cm), a 15 percent smaller grip for smaller hands and folds down to just 15″, small enough to fit into women specific backpacks.
Vasque Footwear has delivered trust on the trail since 1964. With over 50 years of trail footwear innovation, their dedication to on-the-trail performance excellence has never been stronger. Their men’s, women’s and kids’ hiking boots, backpacking boots and trail running shoes deliver trusted miles on any trail, in any condition, around the world.
They design and produce trail footwear with a single-minded purpose. Every technical innovation and breakthrough starts with elevating your experience on the trail. The foundation, of being honest, original and true to who you are and your customers is what keeps millions of people coming back to Vasque.
- The Mesa Trek Ultradry – A lightweight women’s hiker that is born out of trail running expertise, and built for all-day comfort and versatility.
- Clarion ’88 – Revived from the Vasque archives, this shoe reemerges as an updated classic delivering a lightweight, flexible ride with all-day breathability and comfort.
Point6 founders and Merino Wool innovators, Peter and Patty Duke, introduced Merino Wool to the outdoor industry more than 20 years ago when they started another well-known wool sock company. Point6 was founded on a mission to provide outdoor enthusiasts with the best wool socks ever.™ Using only the finest sustainably sourced fibers, combined with years of industry knowledge, Point6 confidently guarantees its socks will last — drying faster and keeping you at the optimal body temperature to perform longer. The name Point6 signifies Merino’s ability to keep your core body at its optimal temperature of 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 5 Hiking Mixed Stripe Medium Crew – This extra cushioning sock protects the legs from pressure points of heavier footwear and skin insulates feet from hot spots. Lifetime guarantee!
- Active Life Taos II Extra Light ¾ Crew – Durable super-soft compact spun Merino yarns are long-wearing for everday adventures. Lifetime guarantee!
Klean Kanteen® is a family-owned company on a mission. They introduced the first stainless steel, BPAfree, reusable water bottle in 2004 because they wanted a non-toxic solution to single-use plastic water bottles. Today, as a certified B Corporation, they not only create the highest quality reusable products on the planet, they work hard to bring benefit to the people and places they touch—and they do everything they can to keep single-use waste from trashing the world. Interesting features about products included in giveaway: All of these products feature their new Klean Coat™ finish, which is formulated for 3x more durability, chip resistance, plus is better for humans and environmental health.
- Insulated Wide 16oz with Café Cap – This stainless steel coffee mug is great for beverages to keep up to 10-hours hot and 30-hours iced.
- Insulated Classic 20oz – This classic stainless steel water bottle contains a Climate Lock™ double-wall vacuum insulation to keep drinks hot for up to 20 hours, and cold for 50 hours.